Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor
I use a Cognitive Restructuring approach focused on Behavior modification through the replacement of lies with truth. The focus is on truth about oneself, truth about hurts and disappointments with people in the past, and truth received from a source higher than Ourselves.
I also rely on many years of experience and training in helping people discover and better understand their primary Temperaments as well as the Temperaments of significant people in their lives. A Temperament Assessment is often used to help in this process. Understanding how you were wired up from birth enables you to accept and respect your own strengths and needs as well as the differences of those within your sphere of influence.
I find that since we live in a sin broken world, none of us get through our lives un-scathed. So bruises come to all our lives in different ways, but we can be healed and restored through the transforming power of God’s Love. I am actively attentive and supportive in leading a person to experience the unconditional Love of God that casts out all fear! This very often brings about transformation and a new peace, joy and freedom in your life.
If you prefer a therapeutic approach less reliant on faith-based principles, I have therapies for those dealing with Grief, Depression, Anxiety, Anger, Sexual issues, Eating Disorders, Addictions, Abandonment/Rejection, and others. I follow a Client Centered approach leading to a newly restructured thought narrative.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Clinical Christian Counseling – Cornerstone University
- Doctor of Christian Counseling – Andersonville Seminary
- Master of Arts in Theological Studies from Southwestern A/G University
- Bachelor of Arts from Southwestern A/G University
- Licensed Clinical Christian Counselor – Advanced Certification NCCA # 18240
- Presidential Member of the American Association of Christian Counselors
- Substance Abuse and Addiction Therapy
- Sexual Therapy
- Domestic Violence and Intervention Therapy
- Crisis and Abuse Therapy
- Hope Focused Couples Therapy
- Certified SYMBIS Counselor – “Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts”